With classes winding down, we wanted to post a quick reminder on what you can do with your Hawkes Grade Book to make things as easy as possible. Make sure you perform the tasks below to avoid unnecessary stress!
At the end of the term:
- Meet with your Training & Support Specialist to discuss any feedback or questions from the term.
- Back up the data in your Grade Book by taking an archive under Tools > Archive Grade Books.
- Reset your Grade Book to clear out old student data and to prepare the Grade Book for a new term under Tools > Reset Grade Books. You will still be able to access old Grade Book data in your archives.
Checklist for a new term:
Several of these items are optional. If you want to keep things relatively similar from one term to the next, the Course Copy tool found when adding or editing a section name can easily copy over all settings at one time.
- Archive and reset your Grade Book
Tools > Archive Grade Books
Tools > Reset Grade Books
- Create your new sections
Tools > Manage Sections
- Edit an existing section or create a new one
Use the Course Copy tool to copy over all course templates to your new section
- Adjust or confirm your weights and assignment groups
Grade Settings > Assignment Groups
- Enter or adjust your lesson due dates
Assignments > HLS Lesson Due Dates
- Set up or adjust your assignment reminders
Tools > Communications > Assignment Reminders
- Update or confirm your late homework policy
Grade Settings > HLS Lesson Late Penalty
- Update or create new WebTests and test settings
Assignments > WebTest
- Add or edit Other Assignments
Assignments > Other Assignments
- Add to or modify your course materials
Assignments > Course Materials
- Assign or edit your course curriculum
Assignments > Curriculum