Hawkes has released a few key updates in preparation for the new year! Watch the video below & read on to learn more about these changes.
Enhanced Permission Settings
Course Administrators can now share sections between faculty! Sharing sections helps courses run more seamlessly, whether you’re coordinating a co-led course or teaching a corequisite that requires multiple instructors needing access to student information.
With this update, Course Administrators may now designate one of five roles to individuals within the Grade Book. These roles allow you to restrict access and hide certain tools & reports from view.
- Course Administrator: Able to change all users’ settings
- Instructor: Able to change section settings
- Teaching Assistant: Able to view/edit grades and attendance, as well as create and assign WebTests
- View-Only: Able to view grades and attendance. These users can directly access Assignment Reviewer from the All Student Grades and Detailed Student Grades reports
- Attendance Taker: Able to view/edit attendance
Bulk Download PowerPoint Teaching Slides
To help you save time, you now have the option to bulk download all PowerPoint teaching slides for a single chapter of your Hawkes title. Remember that once downloaded, you may edit slides to more closely align with your course if you choose.
Reminder: All PowerPoint teaching slides are available through your Grade Book under the Help tab —> Instructor Resources.
Question Builder Graph Alt Text
When you create a new question in our Graph Builder tool, you may view and edit the auto-generated alt text, making it easy to ensure that your custom questions are accessible!
- The first edition Mathematics with Applications in Business and Social Sciences textbook & e-book are coming soon! Instructor Annotated Editions of the print text will be shipped as soon as they are available; e-books will automatically be added to existing accounts.
- As part of our efforts to improve & streamline all areas of the instructor platform, we’ve updated the Manage Temporary Access Codes page. All functionality remains the same.
- A horizontal scroll bar has been added to the student platform to help students more easily navigate pages that have been zoomed in up to 200%.
- Important or time-sensitive maintenance info that impacts the platform’s availability is now visible on the Student Portal, Instructor Portal, & Website to help you plan around maintenance windows.
BRAND NEW Titles + VitalSource® eBooks
We’ve recently added two new titles to our lineup! Request a free review copy sent straight to your preferred address or review them for free, along with any of our other titles, on VitalSource®.
As always, if you have questions, you can contact your Training & Support Specialist any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.