We recently added a new Review By Question feature that allows instructors to review all student answers to a single online test question simultaneously.
While the option to review entire tests by student is still available, this new functionality provides the option to toggle between all student responses for a specific question without needing to exit and reenter a review for each individual.
When an instructor opens a review for a student, they will see a new student navigation option in the upper right-hand corner. Select Assignment Builder Order and use the arrows to move between students.
Other filters, such as Hide Correct, still apply to review only incorrect responses. If there are multiple attempts from a student, the graded one will be displayed.
For more information on how to use Review By Question, watch our video walkthrough or view step-by-step instructions below.
Sign up for a brief one-on-one session with your Training & Support Specialist to learn more about this new feature or to request a refresher on how to create online tests.
Review By Question Step-by-Step Instructions
How to review an incorrect test question for one student, then view other students who answered the same question incorrectly:
- Under the Reports tab, select Assignment Reviewer.
- Select the WebTest tab, then select an assessment.
3. Select a student’s name, select Review Attempt, then select Next.
4. Select Assignment Builder Order and Hide Correct to enable the option to review incorrect answers from other students for this same question.
5. Use the arrow buttons at the top of the screen to navigate between students who answered the same question incorrectly.
6. To view additional incorrect questions by the same student, use the left or right panel to navigate to the next incorrect question of the student currently displayed.
If you navigated away from the student review you originally opened and wish to view more incorrect questions by the same student, ensure that student’s name is displayed in the review box at the top of the page.
How to review all correct and incorrect answers on test questions one question at a time:
- Select Assignment Builder Order and deselect Hide Correct.
- Use the drop down box in the top left corner to navigate to question one.
- Use the arrows at the top of the page to navigate through every student’s answer for the first question.
- Once you’ve finished reviewing all answers for a question, use the Next panel to navigate to the next question.
- Use the arrows at the top to navigate back through each student for the following question.