Do your students think good grammar is important? They might after reading these stats:
- Passed over for promotions: A study found that employees who didn’t get promoted to director-level positions within 10 years made 2.5 times as many grammatical mistakes as the individuals who did achieve such positions. (Learn more.)
- Love lost: The online dating site Zoosk polled 9,000 users, and 48% consider bad grammar to be a deal breaker. (Learn more.)
Develop critical grammar skills of your English students with the new Foundations of English Grammar Workbook.
Activities, reading passages, and sentence-analysis questions build a strong understanding of topics that range from correcting run-on sentences to spelling commonly confused words. (Affect vs. effect, anyone?)
Written by instructors, the workbook is an excellent resource to complement in-class activities and online lessons available in Foundations of English. It can also be used as a standalone resource.
View a sample of the Foundations of English Grammar Workbook.
- Editing applications ask students to annotate short passages and apply editing skills to writing samples.
- Comprehensive source of practice and application gives students additional help with grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Topics include grammar, punctuation, mechanics, spelling, syntax, and diction.
- Exercises include multiple choice, matching lists, true/false, fill-in-the-blank prompts, and more.
Pssst! Looking for a grammar handbook? Check out the Reading & Writing Handbook for the College Student, a resource that covers not only grammar but writing, research, critical thinking, and style as well. This pocket-sized guide helps students in all disciplines achieve stronger English skills.
If you’re an English instructor interested in seeing more, request a complimentary examination copy today or call us at 1-800-426-9538.