For fall 2016, different permissions will be available to Grade Book users. This feature will be perfect for instructors who have teaching assistants or for school administrators who’d like to take a peek inside the Grade Book without making any changes.
An administrator will define the various roles other users have in the Grade Book when adding a new instructor. These roles are the following:
- Course Administrator – can change their settings and other instructors’ settings
- Instructor – can change their own settings
- Teaching Assistant – can view and edit grades, but cannot change settings
- View-Only – can only view attendance and grade reports
- Attendance Taker – can only edit attendance
Course Administrators can adjust the permissions from Tools > Manage Instructors. These permissions allow for full rights, viewable rights, or no access to information such as grading reports, HLS lessons, and WebTests; managing and editing assignments; and managing and editing grade settings.